Theoretical background on buried piping models.
Determining the interactions between the soil and piping.
Flexibility analysis of buried piping using CaesarII.
Analyzing possible failure mechanisms.
Mitigating failures arising from insufficient design.
Designing buried pipes according to the piping codes.
- 1.1 - Course Introduction
- 1.2 - How to get the most out of this course
- 2.1 - Introduction to Buried Piping
- 2.2 - Introduction to Fundamentals of Soil Mechanics
- 2.4 - Downloads
- 2.5 - Soil-Pipe Interaction Part I
- 2.6 - Longitudinal and Hoop Stresses in Buried Pipe
- 3.1 - Calculating Soil Parameters for Caesar II input
- 3.2 - Introduction to FEM and Buried Pipe Modeling in CAESAR II
- 3.4 - Downloads
- 3.5 - Implementing Soil Parameters in Caesar II
- 3.6 - Virtual Anchor Length a Useful Tool to Truncate Your Model
- 4.1 - Soil-Pipe Interaction Part II
- 4.2 - Upheaval buckling of long buried pipe
- 4.4 - Buried Piping Codes
- 4.5 - Downloads
- 4.6 - Stresses in Road Crossing Pipe
- 4.8 - Remaining Topics
- 4.9 - GRP Firewater System
- 4.11 - Downloads
- 4.12 - Shallow buried GRP pipe failure
Introduction to Valves - part 1
Learn about valve components, designs and applications! Ideal for the power engineering, chemical engineering and HVAC!
Plate Heat Exchanger Fundamentals
Learn about the plate heat exchanger! Components, design, how it works, maintenance and more!
Avoiding Surge Pressure Failures in Pipelines due to Water Hammer and Enclosed Air
by Dynaflow Research Group
Length: 30 min