This helps pipe stress engineers to upgrade skills and become more confident during job execution.
This helps pipe stress engineers to upgrade skills and become more confident during job execution.Read Less
This is a good overview of NozzlePRO and all of its features.
This is a good overview of NozzlePRO and all of its features.Read Less
5 out of 5
5 out of 5Read Less
Chapter 2 - FEA and ASME BPVC Section 8, Division 2, Chapter 5
Chapter 2 - FEA and ASME BPVC Section 8, Division 2, Chapter 5Read Less
- Working with Shell models,
- NozzlePRO Option Menu & Boundary Conditions,
- Correctly setting Nozzle Loads,
- Visual Model Verification,
- Post-processing Results,
- Stress Categorization as per ASME VIII-2,
- Stress Compliance checks & the Hopper Diagram,
- Modelling Piping Actions & SIFs,
- Nozzle Flexibility for Pipe Stress.
- 1.1 - Welcome to the NozzlePRO Essentials Course FREE PREVIEW
- 1.2 - How to use this course
- 1.3 - Personal Certificate Requirements
- 2.0 - Chapter 2: Introduction to FEA and ASME B&PV Section VIII-2 Chapter 5
- 2.1 - Introduction to FEA
- 2.2 - Finite Element basic set of equations
- 2.3 - Mesh Resolution & Singularities
- 2.4 - FEA for ASME VIII designs
- 2.5 - Equivalent Stresses
- 2.6 - Stress Categorization as per ASME VIII-2 Chapter 5
- 2.7 - exercise A: Stress Categorization
- 2.8 - Stress Compliance according ASME VIII-2 Chapter 5
- 2.9 - The Hopper Diagram
- 3.0 - Chapter 3: NozzlePRO Fundamentals
- 3.1 - The NozzlePRO Interface
- 3.2 - Base Shell Types
- 3.3 - Nozzle / Attachment Types
- 3.4 - Pipe Size Database
- 3.5 - MatPRO
- 3.6 - Importing Nozzle Loads from Pipe Stress Software Manually
- 3.7 - Orientation Settings
- 3.8 - Importing Nozzle Loads from Pipe Stress Software Automatically
- 3.9 - Operating vs. Design Pressure
- 3.10 - Visualizing your model
- 3.11 - Visually verifying your model
- 3.12 - Reviewing Results
- 3.13 - Output Reports
- 3.14 - Using the Batch Processor
- 4.0 - Chapter 4: NozzlePRO Settings
- 4.1 - Boundary Conditions FREE PREVIEW
- 4.2 - Model Parameters
- 4.3 - Merge Nodes Tolerance
- 4.4 - Nozzle Inserts
- 4.5 - General Options I
- 4.6 - Run View Options
- 4.7 - Header Opening/Plug
- 4.8 - Options Menu: Engineering Details
- 4.9 - Automatic Solution Convergence
- 5.0 - Chapter 5: Basic Analyses with NozzlePRO FREE PREVIEW
- 5.1 - exercise B1: Vessel/Nozzle Geometry with nozzle end loads - Part 1
- 5.2 - exercise B1: Video demonstration
- 5.3 - exercise B2: Vessel/Nozzle Geometry with nozzle end loads - Part 2
- 5.4 - exercise B2: Video demonstration
- 5.5 - exercise B3: Vessel/Nozzle Geometry with nozzle end loads - Part 3
- 5.6 - exercise B3: Video demonstration
- 5.7 - exercise C: Ellipsoidal Head
- 5.8 - exercise C: Video demonstration
- 5.9 - exercise D: Using the Batch Processor
- 5.10 - exercise D: Video demonstration
- 6.0 - Chapter 6: Piping Vessel Interactions FREE PREVIEW
- 6.1 - Modeling Piping Actions I: Generating SIFs
- 6.2 - Modeling Piping Actions II: Including piping in your FEA
- 6.3 - Why use nozzle-shell flexibilities?
- 6.4 - Calculating nozzle flexibilities using NozzlePRO
- 6.5 - Nozzle modeling in pipe stress software
- 6.6 - The PRG sif/k module
- 6.7 - exercise E: Modeling Piping Actions
- 6.8 - exercise E: Video demonstration
- 7.1 - Shoe/Saddle Wizard
- 7.2 - Exporting NozzlePRO output to .PDF
- 8.1 - Congratulations!
- 8.2 - Course evaluation survey
- 8.3 - Your personal certificate
- 8.4 - Rate this course
- 8.5 - Related content & follow up
In this course, you will learn many different aspects of the diverse NozzlePRO software, such as modeling of the available Finite Element templates, set-up of your loads, model verification viewing & post-processing your results and the relevance to the ASME VIII Division 2 stress categorization and compliance checks. The course allows you to learn at your own pace and is fully provided online. The training material is suitable for both new users as experienced users that want to learn more about the different features of the NozzlePRO software. The course is based on the latest release of the NozzlePRO software: v14.1.
Frank has been working at Dynaflow Research Group for the past 10 years where he has performed numerous technical projects on piping and vessel systems in a variety of industries. As a result Frank has a rich experience in Finite Element techniques, Pipe Stress assessment of both steel and GRP, Installation QA & QC and CFD methods. He holds a master's and Ph.D. degree in Aerospace Engineering obtained at the Delft University of Technology. As part of his job Frank has been teaching fellow engineers in class and online on topics like CaesarII Statics, CaesarII Dynamics, Buried Piping, Waterhammer Assessment, Glassfibre Reinforced Piping, FEPipe & NozzlePRO and Pressure Pulsation Analysis.
We encourage participants to submit feedback and questions. These form the basis for new future videos that will be added to the online course, but they will not be answered to the student directly. Participants receive 1-year unlimited access to the course including new videos that are added during this year. Participants receive an email notification upon publication of new videos to the course.
A) 9 hours self-paced training with videos and exercises,
B) 1-year online access to the course,
C) 10% discount on your next purchase on EngineeringTrainer.
An active NozzlePRO license is recommended for this course. This is not included in the price. Please contact us for questions on this matter.
* Not sure if taxes apply to you? Contact us!
Will I get a certificate for this course?
Definitely! If you finish the course within the 1st month after purchase you will receive a personal digital certificate in .pdf format.
How long can I access the course?
After purchase you will have 1-year unlimited access to the course. Note that in order to receive a certificate you will have to finish the course within the 1st month after purchase, but even after this month you can come back and view the material again.
Can I ask questions to the trainer?
We encourage participants to submit feedback and questions. These form the basis for new future videos that will be added to online course, but they will not be answered to the student directly. Participants receive 1-year unlimited access to the course including new videos that are added during this year. Participants receive an email notification upon publication of new videos to the course.
Will I get a NozzlePRO license as part of this course?
No, EngineeringTrainer does not distribute software licenses. Please contact us if you need assistance with this matter.