Identify all the components of a centrifugal pump.
Know how a centrifugal pump works.
Know the purpose of each pump component.
Identify common pump problems.
Know how to solve common pump problems.
Know how to read pump curves.
- 1.2 - How to get the most out of this course
- 2.1 - Course Overview
- 2.2 - Centrifugal Pump Components Explained
- 2.3 - How Centrifugal Pumps Work
- Your Membership to EngineeringTrainer
- 2.4 - Centrifugal Pump Fundamentals
- 2.5 - Introduction to Centrifugal Pumps
- 3.1 - Impeller Classification
- 3.2 - Axial and Radial Loads Explained
- 3.3 - Centrifugal Pump Impellers Explained
- 4.1 - Centrifugal Pump Classification by Flow
- 4.2 - Radial Flow Pumps
- 4.3 - Axial Flow Pumps
- 4.4 - Mixed Flow Pumps
- 4.5 - Multi-Stage Centrifugal Pumps
- 5.1 - Centrifugal Pump Components
- 5.2 - Diffuser
- 5.3 - Wear Rings
- 5.4 - Stuffing Box
- 5.5 - Lantern Ring
- 5.6 - Mechanical Seal
- 5.7 - Centrifugal Pumps Summary
- 6.1 - Centrifugal Pump Operation
- 6.2 - Introduction to Centrifugal Pump Operation
- 6.3 - Cavitation
- 6.4 - Net Positive Suction Head
- 6.5 - Preventing Cavitation
- 6.6 - Centrifugal Pump Characteristic Curves
- 6.7 - Centrifugal Pump Protection
- 6.8 - Gas Binding
- 6.9 - Priming Centrifugal Pumps
- 6.10 - Centrifugal Pump Operation Summary
- 7.1 - Final Thoughts
- 7.2 - Rate this Course & Continue Learning
In this course, you will learn:
- How a centrifugal pump works.
- All of the centrifugal pumps main components.
- Different impeller and centrifugal pump designs.
- How to read a pump performance curve.
- How to identify pump faults.
- And a lot lot more!
The course is designed to take you from zero to hero concerning centrifugal pump knowledge. Even if you already have some background knowledge, this course will serve as an efficient refresher, whatever your level of understanding, or engineering background (HVAC, power engineering, oil and gas, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering etc.).
Interactive 3D models are used extensively to show you each individual pump component and how these components work together to complete useful work.
The course is packed with images, 2D animations, interactive 3D models and 3D animations and high quality written content. Written content has been read aloud so that you can 'learn on the go' without needing to watch the screen constantly.
If you are interested in HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, Automobile, Chemical, Power or Industrial Engineering, we have courses for you!
Courses are presented using interactive 3D models and 3D animations. The 3D models can be exploded into their parts and a cross section feature allows you to see exactly...
Introduction to Valves - part 1
Learn about valve components, designs and applications! Ideal for the power engineering, chemical engineering and HVAC!
Introduction to Heat Exchangers
Learn about common heat exchanger types, designs, categories and construction. Ideal for HVAC and Mechanical Engineering
Diesel Engine Fundamentals (Part 1)
Learn more about the diesel engine! Ideal for Automobile Engineering and many other industries!