Bearing components & teminology.
Bearing types (thrust, angular, self-aligning etc.).
Which bearing is suitable for which application.
Ball and roller bearings.
- 1.1 - Introduction
- 1.2 - History
- 2.1 - Bearing Functions
- 2.2 - Friction
- 2.3 - Loads
- 2.4 - Guide Parts
- 3.1 - Bearing Lubrication
- 3.2 - Lubricant Types
- 4.1 - Bearing Components
- 5.1 - Terminology
- 5.2 - Alignment
- 5.3 - Single and Double Row
- 5.4 - Full Complement
- 5.5 - Floating Bearings
- 6.1 - Anti-Friction Bearing Types
- 6.2 - Movement Types
- 6.3 - Point & Line Contact
- 6.4 - Tapered and Non-Tapered
- 6.5 - Shields and Seals
- 6.6 - Shields
- 6.7 - Seals
- 6.8 - 3D Seals and Shields
- 7.1 - Ball Bearings
- 7.2 - Single and Double Row
- 7.3 - Shallow and Deep Groove
- 7.4 - Thrust Ball Bearings
- 7.5 - Angular Contact Ball Bearings
- 7.6 - Conrad and Angular Contact Bearing Comparison
- 7.7 - Contact Angle
- 7.8 - 3D Ball Bearing Summary
- 7.9 - 3D Thrust Ball Bearing
- 8.1 - Roller Bearings
- 8.2 - Cylindrical Roller Bearings
- 8.3 - 3D Cylindrical Roller Bearings
- 8.4 - Tapered Roller Bearings
- 8.5 - 3D Tapered Roller Bearings
- 8.6 - Spherical Roller Bearings
- 8.7 - 3D Spherical Roller Bearings
- 8.8 - Needle Roller Bearings
- 8.9 - 3D Needle Roller Bearings
- 9.1 - Bearing Comparison
- 9.2 - Bearing Chart
- 10.1 - Final Thoughts
- 10.2 - Resources: Bearing Chart
- 10.3 - Rate this Course & Continue Learning
Humans have been using anti-friction bearings (rolling contact bearings) for thousands of years. But what are anti-friction bearings? Why are there so many different types? And why does every engineer need to know a little bit about them? The answers to all of these questions are in this course!
In this course, you will learn:
- History of anti-friction bearings.
- Bearing theory (friction, loads etc.).
- Bearing functions.
- Bearing lubrication.
- Bearing components.
- Bearing terminology.
- Ball and roller bearings.
- Bearing types (thrust, angular, self-aligning etc.).
- Which bearing is suitable for which application.
- And a lot more!
The course is designed to take you from zero to hero concerning anti-friction bearing knowledge. Even if you already have some background bearing knowledge, this course will serve as an efficient refresher.
Hope to see you on the course!
If you are interested in HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, Automobile, Chemical, Power or Industrial Engineering, we have courses for you!
Courses are presented using interactive 3D models and 3D animations. The 3D models can be exploded into their parts and a cross section feature allows you to see exactly...
Introduction to Valves - part 1
Learn about valve components, designs and applications! Ideal for the power engineering, chemical engineering and HVAC!
Introduction to Centrifugal Pumps
Learn all of the centrifugal pump's components, how it works, common problems and how to solve them. Ideal for HVAC!
Introduction to Heat Exchangers
Learn about common heat exchanger types, designs, categories and construction. Ideal for HVAC and Mechanical Engineering