Identify the common types of heat exchanger (plate, shell and tube).
Know the advantages and disadvantages of each heat exchanger type.
Understanding of the reasoning for the type and design of heat exchanger employed for certain applications.
Awareness of the various designs (parallel, cross and counter flow).
Know the components of each type of heat exchanger.
Understand how heat exchanger fouling can occur and what causes it.
- 1.1 - Course Overview
- 1.2 - How to get the most out of this course
- 2.1 - Introduction
- 2.2 - Types of Heat Exchanger
- 2.3 - Shell and Tube
- Your Membership to EngineeringTrainer
- 2.4 - Plate
- 2.5 - Parallel, Counter and Cross Flow
- 2.6 - Flow Type Comparison
- 2.7 - Single and Multi-Pass
- 2.8 - Single Pass
- 2.9 - Two Pass
- 2.10 - U-Tube
- 2.11 - Regenerative and Non-Regenerative
- 2.12 - Types of Heat Exchangers Summary
- 3.1 - Heat Exchangers Example 1 - Automobile Radiator
- 3.2 - Heat Exchanger Example 2 - Two Stroke Engine
- 3.3 - Heat Exchanger Example 3 - Refrigeration Plant
- 3.4 - Heat Exchanger Example 4 - Solar Furnace
- 4.1 - Rate this Course & Continue Learning
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the different types of common heat exchanger.
- Know the pros and cons of each heat exchanger type.
- Identify single and multi-pass heat exchanger types.
- Identify regenerative and non-regenerative heat exchanger systems.
- Identify cross, parallel and counter flow designs.
- Know the terminology for both the shell and tube, and the plate type heat exchanger.
- Know common reasons for heat exchanger failure and fouling.
The course is designed to take you from zero to hero concerning heat exchanger knowledge. Even if you already have some background knowledge, this course will serve as an efficient refresher, whatever your level of understanding, or engineering background (HVAC, power engineering, oil and gas, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering etc.).
Four examples are given to show how heat exchangers work in the real world.
The course is packed with images, 2D animations, interactive 3D models and 3D animations and high quality written content. Written content has been read aloud so that you can 'learn on the go' without needing to watch the screen constantly.
If you are interested in HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, Automobile, Chemical, Power or Industrial Engineering, we have courses for you!
Courses are presented using interactive 3D models and 3D animations. The 3D models can be exploded into their parts and a cross section feature allows you to see exactly...
Introduction to Valves - part 1
Learn about valve components, designs and applications! Ideal for the power engineering, chemical engineering and HVAC!
Introduction to Centrifugal Pumps
Learn all of the centrifugal pump's components, how it works, common problems and how to solve them. Ideal for HVAC!
Introduction to Cooling Towers
Learn about cooling tower components, designs, types, problems and applications. Ideal for HVAC & Power Engineering and others.