Identify common valve types.
Identify and name valve components.
Know the characteristics and applications for different valve types.
Identify common valve actuators.
Chose a suitable valve for any application.
- 1.1 - Preliminary Courses
- 1.2 - Welcome To The Advanced Course
- 1.3 - How to get the most out of this course
- 2.1 - Body
- 2.2 - Bonnet
- 2.3 - Trim
- 2.4 - Disc and Seat
- 2.5 - Stem
- 2.6 - Actuator
- Your Membership to EngineeringTrainer
- 2.7 - Packing
- 2.8 - Valve Functions and Basic Parts Summary
- 3.1 - Introduction
- 3.2 - Valve Actuator
- 3.3 - Manual, Fixed and Hammer
- 3.4 - Handwheels Fixed to Stem
- 3.5 - Hammer Handwheel
- 3.6 - Gears
- 3.7 - Electric Motor Actuators
- 3.8 - Pneumatic Actuators
- 3.9 - Hydraulic Actuators
- 3.10 - Self-Actuated Valves
- 3.11 - Solenoid Actuated Valves
- 3.12 - Speed of Power Actuators
- 3.13 - Valve Position Indicator
- 3.14 - Valve Actuators Summary
- 4.1 - Gate Valves
- 4.2 - Gate Valve Disc Design
- 4.3 - Solid Wedge
- 4.4 - Flexible Wedge
- 4.5 - Split Wedge
- 4.6 - Parallel Wedge
- 4.7 - Gate Valve Stem Design
- 4.8 - Gate Valve Seat Design
- 5.1 - Globe Valves
- 5.2 - Globe Valve Body Designs
- 5.3 - Z-Body Design
- 5.4 - Y-Body Design
- 5.5 - Angle Valve Design
- 5.6 - Globe Valve Discs
- 5.7 - Ball Disc
- 5.8 - Composition Disc
- 5.9 - Plug Disc
- 5.10 - Globe Valve Disc and Stem Connections
- 5.11 - Globe Valve Seats
- 5.12 - Globe Valve Direction of Flow
- 5.13 - Pneumatic Actuated Globe Valve
- 6.1 - Ball Valves
- 6.2 - Ball Valve Advantages
- 6.3 - Ball Valve Disadvantages
- 6.4 - Ball Valve Port Patterns
- 6.5 - Ball Valve Materials
- 6.6 - Ball Valve Stem Design
- 6.7 - Ball Valve Bonnet Design
- 6.8 - Ball Valve Position
- 7.1 - Plug Valves
- 7.2 - Plug Ports
- 7.3 - Multiport Plug Valves
- 7.4 - Plug Valve Discs
- 7.5 - Diamond Port Plug
- 7.6 - Lubricated Plug Valve Design
- 7.7 - Non-Lubricated Plugs
- 7.8 - Manually Operated Plug Valve Installation
- 7.9 - Plug Valve Glands
- 8.1 - Diaphragm Valves
- 8.2 - Diaphragm Construction
- 8.3 - Diaphragm Valve Stem Assemblies
- 8.4 - Diaphragm Valve Bonnet Assemblies
- 9.1 - Reducing Valves
- 10.1 - Pinch Valves
- 10.2 - Pinch Valve Bodies
- 11.1 - Butterfly Valves
- 11.2 - Butterfly Valve Seat Construction
- 11.3 - Butterfly Valve Body Construction
- 11.4 - Butterfly Valve Disc and Stem Assemblies
- 12.1 - Needle Valves
- 12.2 - Needle Valve Applications
- 12.3 - Needle Valve Body Designs
- 13.1 - Check Valves
- 13.2 - Swing Check Valves
- 14.1 - Relief and Safety Valves
- 14.2 - Pilot Operated Relief Valves
- 15.1 - Types of Valves Summary
- 16.1 - Final Thoughts
- 16.2 - Rate this Course & Continue Learning
- What kind of valve is correct for x,y,z application?
- What are the pros and cons of each valve type?
- Why do valves have weird names i.e. butterfly valve?
This engineering course will help you answer all these questions...and many more! The course is designed to take you from zero to hero concerning valve knowledge. Even if you already have some background knowledge, this course will serve as an efficient refresher, whatever your level of understanding, or engineering background (HVAC, power engineering, oil and gas, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering etc.).
Interactive 3D models are used extensively to show you exactly how valves and their components work.
The course is packed with images, 2D animations, interactive 3D models and 3D animations and high quality written content. Written content has been read aloud so that you can 'learn on the go' without needing to watch the screen constantly.
If you are interested in HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, Automobile, Chemical, Power or Industrial Engineering, we have courses for you!
Courses are presented using interactive 3D models and 3D animations. The 3D models can be exploded into their parts and a cross section feature allows you to see exactly...
Introduction to Valves - part 1
Learn about valve components, designs and applications! Ideal for the power engineering, chemical engineering and HVAC!
Introduction to Centrifugal Pumps
Learn all of the centrifugal pump's components, how it works, common problems and how to solve them. Ideal for HVAC!
Introduction to Heat Exchangers
Learn about common heat exchanger types, designs, categories and construction. Ideal for HVAC and Mechanical Engineering