Identify common valve types.
Identify and name valve components.
Know the characteristics and applications for different valve types.
Identify common valve actuators.
Chose a suitable valve for any application.
- 1.1 - Short Introduction to Valves
- 2.2 - How to get the most out of this course
- 3.1 - How Do Valves Get Their Names?
- 3.2 - Common Valve Types
- 3.3 - Purpose of a Valve and its Construction
- 3.4 - Rotary and Linear Motion Valves
- Your Membership to EngineeringTrainer
- 3.5 - Valve Construction and Components
- 3.6 - Valve Actuators
- 3.7 - Pressure Drop
- 3.8 - Response Time
- 3.9 - Length of Travel
- 4.1 - Ball
- 4.2 - Butterfly
- 4.3 - Diaphragm
- 4.4 - Gate
- 4.5 - Globe
- 4.6 - Pinch
- 4.7 - Plug
- 5.1 - Basic Course Final Thoughts
- 5.2 - Rate this Course & Continue Learning
- What kind of valve is correct for x,y,z application?
- What are the pros and cons of each valve type?
- Why do valves have weird names i.e. butterfly valve?
This engineering course will help you answer all these questions...and many more! The course is designed to take you from zero to hero concerning valve knowledge. Even if you already have some background knowledge, this course will serve as an efficient refresher, whatever your level of understanding, or engineering background (HVAC, power engineering, oil and gas, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering etc.).
Interactive 3D models are used extensively to show you exactly how valves and their components work.
The course is packed with images, 2D animations, interactive 3D models and 3D animations and high quality written content. Written content has been read aloud so that you can 'learn on the go' without needing to watch the screen constantly.
If you are interested in HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, Automobile, Chemical, Power or Industrial Engineering, we have courses for you!
Courses are presented using interactive 3D models and 3D animations. The 3D models can be exploded into their parts and a cross section feature allows you to see exactly...
Introduction to Valves - part 2
Learn about valve components, designs and applications! Ideal for the power engineering, chemical engineering and HVAC!
Introduction to Centrifugal Pumps
Learn all of the centrifugal pump's components, how it works, common problems and how to solve them. Ideal for HVAC!
Introduction to Heat Exchangers
Learn about common heat exchanger types, designs, categories and construction. Ideal for HVAC and Mechanical Engineering