What role hydroelectricity plays in today's power engineering market.
Hydro power plant terminology (headwater, tail race, etc.).
Hydro turbine types (Kaplan, Pelton, Francis).
Hydro power plant components (penstock, gates, spillway, turbine etc.).
How hydro power plants work (dam, run of the river, tidal, pumped storage).
And much much more!
- 1.1 - Welcome to the Course
- 1.2 - How to get the most out of this course
- 2.1 - Hydroelectricity Introduction
- 2.2 - Short History Lesson
- 2.3 - Potential to Electrical Energy
- 2.4 - The Hydro Power Engineering Industry
- 3.1 - Hydroelectric Power Plant Terminology
- Your Membership to EngineeringTrainer
- 3.2 - Impoundment and Diversion
- 3.3 - Headwater, Tailwater, Head and Pondage
- 3.4 - Upper and Lower Reservoirs
- 4.1 - Hydroelectric Power Plant Components
- 4.2 - Prior, Preparation and Planning...
- 4.3 - Trash Racks
- 4.4 - Gates – Intake, Draft Tube, Spillway
- 4.5 - Spillway
- 4.6 - Penstock – Pressurised Water Conductor
- 4.7 - Turbine Runners
- 4.8 - Draft Tube
- 4.9 - Power House
- 4.10 - Generator and Power Distribution
- 5.1 - Hydroelectric Turbines
- 5.2 - Reaction and Impulse Turbines
- 5.3 - Axial, Mixed and Radial Flow Turbines
- 5.4 - Kaplan Turbines
- 5.5 - Variable Pitch Blades
- 5.6 - Francis Turbines
- 5.7 - Pelton Turbines Part 1
- 5.8 - Pelton Turbines Part 2
- 6.1 - Types of Hydroelectric Power Plant
- 6.2 - How Hydroelectric Dam Power Plants Work
- 6.3 - How Run of the River Power Plants Work
- 6.4 - How Tidal Barrage Power Plants Work
- 6.5 - How Tidal Stream Power Plants Work
- 6.6 - How Pumped Storage Power Plants Work
- 7.1 - Final Thoughts
- 7.2 - Rate this Course & Continue Learning
- What role hydroelectricity plays in today's power engineering market.
- What the common hydro power plant components are (penstock, gates, spillway, turbines etc.).
- Hydro power plant terminology (headwater, tail race, etc.).
- How different hydro power plants work (dam, run of the river, tidal, pumped storage etc.).
- The differences between several hydro turbines and their typical applications (Kaplan, Pelton, Francis).
And a lot lot more!
The course is designed to take you from zero to hero concerning hydroelectric power plant engineering knowledge. Even if you already have some background power plant engineering knowledge, this course will serve as an efficient refresher. Whatever your level of understanding, or engineering background (electrical engineering, automobile engineering, power engineering, oil and gas, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering etc.), we guarantee you will have never taken an engineering course like this one (unless you have taken one of our other courses!).
Interactive 3D models are used to show you each type of hydroelectric power plant, their main components and each type of hydroelectric turbine.
Hope to see you on the course!
If you are interested in HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, Automobile, Chemical, Power or Industrial Engineering, we have courses for you!
Courses are presented using interactive 3D models and 3D animations. The 3D models can be exploded into their parts and a cross section feature allows you to see exactly...
Introduction to Transformers
Learn about electrical transformer theory, design, construction, protection and maintenance. Ideal for Power Engineering
Introduction to Valves - part 1
Learn about valve components, designs and applications! Ideal for the power engineering, chemical engineering and HVAC!
Introduction to Centrifugal Pumps
Learn all of the centrifugal pump's components, how it works, common problems and how to solve them. Ideal for HVAC!