A firm grasp of how an electrical transformer functions, its design and construction.
Identify transformer protection devices.
Know how all components and devices work.
General knowledge concerning electrical engineering and electricity.
Identify main transformer components.
Know how a transformer works.
Know the three main transformer 'killers'.
- 1.1 - Course Overview
- 1.2 - How to get the most out of this course
- 2.1 - Current Flowing In A Conductor
- 2.2 - Faraday’s Law of Electromagnetic Induction
- 2.3 - Mutual Induction
- 2.4 - Basic Transformer Theory
- 2.5 - Magnetic Leakage
- 2.6 - Efficiency
- Your Membership to EngineeringTrainer
- 2.7 - Power and Power Loss
- 2.8 - Transformer Operation Under No-Load
- 2.9 - Turns Ratio
- 2.10 - Voltage Ratio
- 3.1 - Step-Up and Step-Down Transformers
- 3.2 - The Grid
- 3.3 - Transformer Designs
- 3.4 - Why Are Transformers Rated in VA not MW?
- 4.1 - 3D Dry Type Transformer
- 4.2 - 3D Hermetic Liquid Immersed Transformer
- 4.3 - 3D Conservator Type Transformer
- 5.1 - Transformer Cooling Explained
- 6.1 - Core
- 6.2 - Windings
- 6.3 - Dehydrating Breather
- 6.4 - Oil Level Indication
- 6.5 - Temperature Indication
- 6.6 - Gas Actuated Relay
- 7.1 - Load Tap Changer (LTC)
- 7.2 - No/Off Load Tap Changer (DETC)
- 8.1 - General Transformer Maintenance
- 8.2 - Transformer Killers
- 9.1 - Final Note
- 9.2 - Refresher Transformer Components and Functions Video
- 9.3 - Rate this Course & Continue Learning
-How does an electrical transformer work?
- How does a Buchholz relay work?
- How does a silica gel breather work?
- What does ONAN mean?
This course will help you answer these questions...and many more!
The course is designed to take you from zero to hero concerning electrical transformer knowledge. Even if you already have some background knowledge, this course will serve as an efficient refresher, whatever your level of understanding, or engineering background (HVAC, power engineering, oil and gas, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering etc.).
Interactive 3D models are used extensively to show you exactly how a transformer and its components work.
The course is packed with images, 2D animations, interactive 3D models and 3D animations and high quality written content. Written content has been read aloud so that you can 'learn on the go' without needing to watch the screen constantly.
If you are interested in HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, Automobile, Chemical, Power or Industrial Engineering, we have courses for you!
Courses are presented using interactive 3D models and 3D animations. The 3D models can be exploded into their parts and a cross section feature allows you to see exactly...
Introduction to Heat Exchangers
Learn about common heat exchanger types, designs, categories and construction. Ideal for HVAC and Mechanical Engineering
Introduction to Cooling Towers
Learn about cooling tower components, designs, types, problems and applications. Ideal for HVAC & Power Engineering and others.
Diesel Engine Fundamentals (Part 1)
Learn more about the diesel engine! Ideal for Automobile Engineering and many other industries!